Ain't no Cardinals in Seattle


A friend of mine has informed me that there aren't any cardinals in Seattle. What? 



So I shall share some of mine.


A female cardinal, too.
(Maybe a young male, hard to tell.)


She also said there were no bluejays, so here you go.



I went back to doing what I do best and that's taking pictures at the bird feeder.
Cow birds are messy and sling the seed all over the place.



Lots of doves, pretty orange eyes.



The grackles always look mean and angry.



The mockingbirds don't come to the feeder but they do make a show of themselves.



Another cardinal.



Grackle high up in the tree, seems upset with someone.



And a woodpecker.



We had a group of storks visit the back pond picking off the fish in the shallow water.



Long legged and balanced on a limb.



So we've done the birds. 
That reminds me of a song.

"Let me tell you 'bout the birds..."


"and the bees..."


"and the flowers and the trees..."
Volunteer Iris



Plain old wild flowers.



"and the moon up above..."



And through the palm fronds.



"And a thing called love!"


That's it, guys. See you next time!


2 comments: