Stairway to Heaven

I haven't posted anything in awhile because, well, not much has changed. We are still under water. We'll go 3 or 4 days with very little rainfall, things will just start to dry up a bit and them Boom! Dark clouds will come rushing in out of nowhere and literally dump everything they have on us.

This really provides us with lots of sky and cloud opportunities. Now, I'm not a bible thumper, nor am I a huge fan of Led Zeppelin, but the Stairway to Heaven actually exists.



Here's some more interesting cloud and sky shots.

There's a rainbow hiding behind the clouds.

And some deep contrasts of light and dark.

With rainy season comes the frogs. We have about a million of these tiny little guys all over the place. They are bright green, grey and even brown.

On the screens...

 And on the house...

Speaking of frogs I have lily pads and lily flowers galore but I have yet to see one frog sitting on a lily pad. I want that picture! I'll have to "stage" it. Grab me a frog and just throw him out there.


 The lily flowers are small but quite beautiful.

And they only stay open for half the day.

 During the rainy season we usually get a gator in the pond. This year is no different. He hides up underneath a tree that hangs over the water so he's very hard to spot.

He's a cutie! He's only about 2 and a half feet long and very shy.

 Mike says he has seen at least two gators in the pond. I've only seen the one.

 And the fish are all over breeding like crazy. I'm not sure what this baby is. Probably it's a tilapia.

And to round it all out I finally captured a pretty good shot of a bee. 

This rainy season has me down a bit. Because of either the constant rain or the muggy heat I have just not wanted to get out there and do anything. It reminds me of winters in Arkansas when every year I suffered from cabin fever because it was constantly too cold and I didn't want to even think about going outside.

I've gained weight and lost my drive to take care of things like the plants and flower beds... Things are dying either from lack of care or drowning in the water.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Mike had this entire week off of work and we are planning to do some sightseeing and other touristy things. I NEED to get out of the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment