I caught a Wild Pig!

There I was just sitting at my desk, doing my normal clickety-click thing when out of the corner of my eye I see this black streak running through the yard. It was a wild pig, a little one, headed to the back of the property. Knowing that I'd most likely never get a chance to catch it, I gave chase anyway. 


This pig actually led me straight to another pig, a smaller one. This little guy had his head stuck in the hog wire fence. So, being very careful not to get bit, I managed to get him loose.

This pig was quite wiggly and I had no idea how to handle him. I tried to scruff him at the neck but there wasn't enough loose skin. I ended up grabbing him by the tail, like a rat.


I was excited and wanted to show Mike but he and Dusty were down the road taking a walk. The neighbor kids were out so I showed it to them and asked them to go get him. Meanwhile, the little fellar was squirming and wiggling around like a.... wild pig....and I was afraid he would get loose before Mike got back and had a chance to see him.

I ended up putting him in one of our big plastic trash cans to keep him from getting away until he and Dusty showed up.

In some of these pictures I know the pig looks dead but he was fine. We let him go out in the back of the field and you could see, he picked up the scent of the rest of his family and off he went. (Mike says it was a she.... whatever)


I love living in the country!




No comments:

Post a Comment