Scrat House



Another wood-built paint project at Low Roller Acres...


This is the Scrat House. Okay it's a squirrel house and we're hoping to get a whole family inside.


Dusty agrees. She's waiting expectantly for a squirrel to come down out of a tree. She is very patient.


Oh my! More Paint! When will I run out? The answer is:
NEVER!!!
The local Ace Hardware store was offering up an entire pint of custom color samples for only $1.99 each. Of course I took advantage. That little pint goes a LONG way at my house!


Mike had an idea, a vision, and he went to work building from the scraps of an older abandoned project.
At this point I didn't know what he had in mind.

 

Meanwhile, since it was such a beautiful Florida day, I went wandering around looking for something photogenic.


Aw, I found this dead butterfly lying on the ground, BUT
as soon as I took this picture he flew away!
Happy!


A giant yellow hibiscus blooming in the sky.


Mike has completed his project. It's a squirrel house! With windows!
He had taken apart an old window bird feeder I had and used them here.
Wow!


Look inside, it's a split level house.
Now it's my turn.
Paint!


Now while I was painting Mike borrowed the neighbors Mustang to do a little dirt work. He came riding home with Dusty in the bucket. He said she just jumped right in. I guess she truly is a farm dog!



So Mike got busy (having the time of his life) moving dirt. We've had this dump truck load of  black sand sitting here for a long time. It's been there so long it's covered in weeds.




There it is. Much better. 


And now I have finished painting the...
SCRAT HOUSE!!


We mounted on an old tree stob.
The squirrels can enter from below.


You can see their window view from here.


And I found this poor beat up rusted yard ornament. Hm... I have more...wait for it...
PAINT!!!


Much, much better!



And there it is next to the bushes, just waiting for someone to call it home.





No comments:

Post a Comment